Splitting with fiberglass
Splitting with fiberglass is required in patients with advanced periodontal disease or after orthodontic treatment. The method is extremely gentle, aesthetic and reliable. It in no way affects the aesthetics. For its proper implementation it is necessary to isolate the teeth with cofferdam. In the case of highly mobile teeth, a silicone silicon key is made during operation. Most often this is the last move before implant treatment.
In our practice, we use the best product in the field, the fibers of Sticktech www.sticktech.com.
Advantages of fiber bridges
Here are some undeniable advantages of fiber bridges. So you should keep in mind when making your personal choice of bridge type:
- Minimal to zero damage to the adjacent two teeth, which are often completely healthy. But suffer from a violation of their structure when placing a standard bridge.
- As complicated as it sounds, treatment with fibroids is, in fact, a single procedure. Exactly one visit is required to build the new bridge. In particular, the procedure lasts no more than 2 hours.
- In aesthetic terms, the fibrous bridge is also preferable to the standard one. Thanks to the use of photopolymer, maximum closeness can be achieved between the shade of the natural color of the teeth and that of the newly applied composition.
- As incredible as it sounds, the new type of bridge - the one with fiber fibers - is actually more profitable from a financial point of view. In practice, you will pay about 40% less for it than for a traditional metal-ceramic bridge and over 70% less than for a zirconium bridge.
- And as we mentioned the metal, its lack in fiber bridges is in itself an advantage. The presence of metal often leads to a reaction from the surrounding tissues or even purely aesthetic defects in the form of receding and darkening of the gums.
- Fibridges can be removed more easily than standard ones. If the situation changes over time, leaving the abutment teeth healthy and intact.
- If the highest quality materials are used, such as Sticktech fibers, this type of bridge would last as long as the standard ones.