Specifics in the treatment with veneers
Veneers are thin flakes made of either ceramic (porcelain) or photopolymer. There are also zirconium veneers. Although they are not widespread, this type of veneer has one great advantage, namely the proven strength and durability. Their main function is to erase tooth defects or change their shape. Veneers are considered to be one of the most effective and practically harmless methods for achieving a beautiful smile. Their aesthetic effect is extremely impressive, but in order to preserve it, additional care on the part of the patient is needed, as well as a thorough explanation of this support by a dental specialist.
When is the use of veneers appropriate?
Veneers can literally change not only the appearance of the tooth on which they are placed, but also your whole smile, and thus your self-esteem. Your doctor is obliged to explain to you the benefits and specifics of veneer therapy so that you can adequately assess whether it is suitable for you. Below we present the most common hypotheses in which veneers are recommended and with a proven long-term satisfactory effect:
• In case of crooked teeth.
• In case of broken or deformed teeth.
• If desired for more permanent teeth whitening.
• To close a strong distance between the teeth.
• With receding gums, which is both unpleasantly noticeable and uncomfortable.
• To restore dental tissues after breakage, darkening, permanent loss, deformation.
• In the presence of multiple seals.
• For erased teeth.
What is the main idea of veneers?
The miniature veneers - made of porcelain or photopolymer - are glued to the upper layer of the tooth. In this way, either filling of missing tissues (parts of the tooth) is achieved or an unsightly defect such as darkening, curvature and others is deleted. It is good to note that the veneers are very long, as long as of course the patient strictly follows the recommendations for maintenance and hygiene in the oral cavity. The specificity in the therapy of veneers, which determines their main advantage as a medical-aesthetic dental procedure, is that they are made strictly individually for, moreover - directly on - the particular tooth. This method of work achieves full compliance between the patient's expectations and the end result.
Veneer placement - the step-by-step procedure
Like most of his colleagues, Dr. Valev strictly observes the three main stages necessary for the implementation of the veneer placement procedure. Each of these stages has its own meaning:
• First stage: Complete analysis of all teeth, including the bite, jaw and mouth ratio, as well as fingerprinting for the precise design of wax veneers on a plaster model. This is really the model of the original veneers, which will be glued with photopolymer or composite cement in insulation with a rubber dam.
• Second stage: Through the composite the model of the wax veneers is transferred to the teeth. The patient's approval is intended. It is important at this stage for the patient to evaluate the vision of future veneers. Once this happens, the dentist will carefully brush the teeth on which the veneers will be glued. The filing has minimal damage to the teeth, as it is done directly on the temporary veneers. Next, an impression is taken of the already sharpened teeth in order to make the finished permanent veneers. The production is performed in a specialized laboratory.
• Third stage: The original veneers are permanently cemented on the teeth. After the patient rejoices enthusiastically in front of the mirror, they follow the dentist's guidelines for future maintenance.
What is important to know about veneer maintenance?
Although veneers are not subject to yellowing and any darkening due to the consumption of certain foods and beverages, the need for high hygiene in the oral cavity is present. Daily brushing of teeth is still mandatory, and if necessary, additional accessories such as mouthwash and dental floss are used. In reality, veneers will protect teeth from additional "wear". In time - a few days to a few weeks - you will get completely used to the veneers, as well as your brand new smile! The most important thing for keeping the veneers intact and snow-white for as long as possible is to continue with the regular preventive examinations at the dentist.